Friday, February 13, 2009

of a relationship

Today, I found a new definition for friendship for myself. Introspecting on the relationship that I share with her, in conversation with her, I found that ever-changing answer.

For long now (time is after all a state of being) I have wondered what made us so special. What made us share each other in soulful ways that only the most softest of music, the deepest of colours and the most melodious of words could emulate it.

In the stumbling and groping, erasing and rewriting, the going back and forth- for words, she provided me the gentlest of spaces to recapture my hazy vision of me. In those minutes we spoke, I found clarity, even if only for the briefest of moments. In those words of practical wisdom we have for each other- one that draws from the core of intimate connections that women have shared with each other since history - she cleansed me of my rancour, rid me of my self-covered malaise and presented for me my life.

For the freedom from loss of self imminent in routine life, for the freedom of a constant discovery of me, she stands as my true north.

No comments: